When the weather warms, Atlantans flock to patios to soak up summer. Here are some of the best rooftop patios in the city.
1. The Garden at Community Smith. Who would think that a gorgeous garden-like patio could exist on the roof of a hotel, but the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel has done a superb job in adding greenery to this spot. In addition they've got some fantastic cocktails such as the Westside, a mix of Mezcal, strawberry, mint, balsamic and Cointreau. Foodies will appreciate items like the oxtail toast, crispy squid and duck pate.
2. Der Biergarten. Located downtown with a huge mural on the side, you can't miss Der Biergarten. It's a fun place to spend an afternoon or evening during the summer. You can even bring your pooch. With a huge selection of beers, you'll certainly find something to wash down the delicious salty pretzel or the pork schnitzel entree. Fish dishes don't disappoint, either.
3. Flip Burger. Though there are several locations of this upscale burger joint around the city, the Poncey-Highland location is the only one with a rooftop patio. Enjoy a decadent burger/shake combo.
4. Five Seasons. Located just a bit north of downtown in the trendy Westside neighborhood, Five Seasons' rooftop patio is the perfect spot for a post-work beer. They make their own brew, and it is perfect with some of the appetizers such as alligator egg rolls.
5. Gypsy Kitchen. Feeling swanky? Then head to Gypsy Kitchen in Buckhead Atlanta. They are offering discounted appetizers and drinks on the rooftop patio from 5 to 8 p.m. on Sundays. You'll get two hours free parking, too.
6. Republic Social House. The rooftop patio overlooks Historic Oakland Cemetery in Grant Park. It features a full upstairs bar plus covered and uncovered areas for guests who want direct sunlight or just want to enjoy the weather. There are several TVs all over the area, too, making it great for watching your favorite sports team.
7. Six Feet Under. One of the most iconic views, looking over Historic Oakland Cemetery, is from Six Feet Under. Expect huge crowds during patio season.
8. Sky Lounge. Located at the Glenn Hotel, the Sky Lounge has undergone a makeover. Its new look combined with panoramic views of the Atlanta skyline and some incredible drinks and snacks make it one of the top spots to go for locals and tourists alike.
Update: Looking for more? See our newer coverage of Atlanta's best patios here.
Malika Bowling is the author of Food Lovers' Guide to Atlanta and founder of Atlanta Restaurant Blog. She has been a contributing writer to USA Today and Urbanspoon and has been featured on the Huffington Post. Malika also has served as a judge at various culinary competitions and food festivals, including Taste of Atlanta. She is the president of the Association of Food Bloggers, and you can follow her on Twitter @ATLEatsNTweets and on Instagram @malika_bowling.