The start of 2018 brings many new year’s resolutions. Resolve to get in shape while looking your best with new athletic gear, then wind down at one of many hotel spas around the city.
- What: No matter where you are in Atlanta, there’s a lululemon Athletica store nearby. The great thing about the technical athletic apparel here is that it is designed by athletes for athletes. That means you get the stretch and comfort you need to maximize your workout with style. The women’s Swiftly Tech crew shirt inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria, while the men’s version is the Metal Vent Tech shirt. Layer on a Rest Less Pullover during a chilly run or hike, and long sleeved tops, hoodies and vests will keep you warm during the cooler days.
- Where: The Shops Around Lenox store is located in Buckhead, the neighborhood known for high-end shopping. More locations include Ponce City Market in Old Fourth Ward, Westside Provisions District on Howell Mill Road and Perimeter Mall, a bit north of the city. If you are watching your budget, there’s even a lululemon Athletica at North Georgia Premium Outlets, about an hour north on Georgia 400.
- What: Find pieces designed to perform, including Yogini tanks, Shadow Stripe Chi Tees and Luxe hoodies. Athleta is the home of Sculptek tights. They hug. They smooth. And, they hide any jiggles (not that you have any). A new arrival for girls is printed Chit Chat Tights for exercising or just chilling out. Streetwear includes Criss Cross Dresses, (Deemed “beyond soft.”) and the roomy Easy Cozy Karma Jacket.
- Where: Find an Athleta store in Atlantic Station, an open-air shopping district in West Midtown; and at Lenox Square, an upscale mall in Buckhead, a neighborhood often called the “Beverly Hills of the East.”
Mountain High Outfitters
- What: Mountain High Outfitters is the place to find windbreakers, beanies and even stem-free wine glasses (for après workout, of course). Mountain High stocks everything you need for backpacking, bouldering, camping, caving, climbing, hiking, biking, yoga, skiing, trail running, slack lining, paddle boarding and fly fishing. The men’s Nano Puff Vest from Patagonia looks and feels toasty and warm. Pendleton’s Texting Gloves for women not only are colorful, but are designed for easy phone access while keeping your hands warm.
- Where: Shop the Ponce City Market store in Atlanta’s Old Fourth Ward or the Buckhead store on West Paces Ferry Road.
- What: ASICS specializes in high-performance footwear, apparel and accessories for sports including tennis, running, training and golf. A seamless bralette is made from chafe-free knit with mesh texture front and back for breathability. For your youngster into wrestling, this is where to head to purchase head gear. Find colorful athletic shoes, structured caps, no-show running socks and the signature Kaleidoscope jacket.
- Where: Located at the Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta, just north of Atlanta. The mall is visible just off Interstate 575 north.
Now that you’ve had your run, spin, lift or swim, indulge in these hotel spas around the city, guaranteed to help you relax in style.
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Atlanta
- Before your treatment, this spa invites you to prepare your muscles by enjoying the spa’s heat and water facilities.
- Ready for your close-up: Target fine lines, elasticity and firmness with the hydra facial.
- Mm-massage: Take advantage of ancient healing techniques with a stone massage.
Exhale Spa in the Loews Hotel in Midtown Atlanta
- The spa features a coed hammam (Turkish bath) plus gym, Zen lounge and a boutique.
- Ready for your close-up: Exhale’s magic facial uses sound waves to focus on eye, lip, neck and décolleté concerns.
- Mm-massage: Attack muscle knots with the deep tissue massage.
Bliss Spas at W Atlanta Downtown and W Atlanta Midtown
- Bliss Spa claims to infuse happiness into its treatments, through upbeat music, colorful design and delicious brownies.
- Ready for your close-up: The triple oxygen facial revives, using three forms of oxygen including an oxygen wrap and an antioxidant spray.
- Mm-massage: Unwind with the “blissage,” a full-body massage that includes a warm wax foot wrap.
The Spa at The Whitley
- This new spa at what was The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead is all about orange spice manicures and pedicures. Think a milk soak followed by organic pumpkin puree.
- Ready for your close-up: Try the hydra facial, a medical grade anti-aging treatment that uses LED lights and vortex extraction technology.
- Mm-massage: The lavender dream body treatment combines mineral rich ingredients with a blend of lavender and eucalyptus aromatherapy oil.
Serenity Spa at the Omni Hotel CNN Center
- Right off of Centennial Olympic Park, Serenity Spa aims to give you a mind, body and soul experience.
- Ready for your close-up: Give your face a dose of antioxidants and enzymes with the pumpkin spice facial.
- Mm-massage: The cinnamon cookie back buff and massage begins with a full body Swedish massage followed by the buff with a mixture of cinnamon, vanilla, brown sugar and honey.
The Spa at the Four Seasons
- The spa’s color palette mirrors the calming influence of nature.
- Ready for your close-up: Target fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin texture and repair sun damage with a hydra facial.
- Mm-massage: Enjoy the aroma of locally made Mama Lavender Rosemary products when you get the Midtown Massage, created exclusively for Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta.
Remède Spa at the St. Regis Atlanta
- Treatments include a curated selection of facials, body treatments, massages, waxing and nail services.
- Ready for your close-up: Choose a customized Remède facial.
- Mm-massage: No surprise, you also can get a customized massage.
Jurlique Spa at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
- A natural skincare brand from Australia, Jurlique products are picked straight from the company’s farm in South Australia.
- Ready for your close-up: The ultimate radiance facial is customized for your skin’s needs. It starts with an analysis by an esthetician and includes cleansing, exfoliation, a grounding massage and a mask.
- Mm-massage: The ultimate aromatherapy massage is customized for you and includes a blend of essential oils chosen just for you.
Carol Carter writes and edits for Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau.