Why plan your family reunion in Atlanta, Georgia?
Atlanta is a beautiful and convenient place to visit, with 80% of the U.S. population within two hours of the city. Atlanta has a temperate climate and beautiful surroundings, and our attractions, restaurants and accommodations are matched only by our Southern hospitality and service. Here are seven more reasons why a family reunion in Atlanta, Georgia is ideal:
- Distance: A good rule of thumb—the farther family members have to travel to reach the reunion location, the longer the reunion should be. Select a location that is easily accessible to the majority of family members. Consider one of Atlanta's many neighborhood parks, a family member's home, local hotel or restaurant.
- Convenience: East Point hotels are located less than three miles from the Atlanta airport and can serve as the reunion "headquarters"—perfect for family members travelling by air. From there your group can travel together to Atlanta and surrounding areas with ease.
- Accessibility: Atlanta has a variety of transportation companies that specialize in limos, shuttles and motor-coaches to transport groups of any size to planned activities safely.
- Affordability: Reunion costs can add up quickly, so it's wise to develop a budget. Many facilities, catering companies and even hotels in Atlanta offer group discounts and package deals for family reunions.
- Accommodations: Consider your accommodation options early on and contact an ACVB representative, who will help you choose the right hotel based on the needs of your guests and give you tips for reserving the right amount of rooms. Consider staying right outside the city in an East Point hotel, conveniently located minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and easily accessible to Atlanta.
- Features and Activities - Choose a location that makes your reunion less of a meeting and more of a destination. Many places provide all-inclusive packages, such as Stone Mountain Park, which offers a variety of fun, outdoor activities. Many of Atlanta's world-renowned attractions offer unique event venues, such as Georgia Aquarium, Fernbank Museum of Natural History and Atlanta Botanical Garden. Consider a tour and sample itineraries to showcase the city's history, civil rights heritage, must-see attractions and neighborhoods.
- Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau at Your Service ACVB's team of experts has local resources right at their fingertips to provide you with feedback and suggestions to assist with your reunion planning. Feel free to contact us.
50 Fun Things
Squeeze 50 fun things to see and do into your
Atlanta CityPASS is your ticket to five top attractions.