About East Point
East Point, Georgia was established around the American Railroad, like many cities during the 1800s. As the eastern most terminus of the Atlanta West Point Railroad, the 'East' township was affectionately called "East Point."
Quick Facts about the City of East Point, Georgia
The unique and diverse community of East Point offers the amenities of the bustling city and convenience of being:
- The 3rd largest city in Fulton County
- Just 15 minutes from Atlanta
- Less than four miles from the world's busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Only minutes from the modern, state-of-the-art Georgia International Convention Center
- Home to Camp Creek Marketplace, which spans 1,400 acres of East Point and offers more than 100 name-brand shops and restaurants
- Within close proximity to three major interstates (I-20, I-75, I-85) and the MARTA public transportation system
- Home to one of only 24 active velodromes in the United States, the Dick Lane Velodrome
About the East Point Main Street Association
The East Point Main Street Association (EPMSA) is a non-profit downtown revitalization organization. Their mission is to preserve and enhance Downtown East Point while providing for a successful business and residential environment. The Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau is a proud partner working with the East Point Main Street Association to build awareness and drive tourism to the city of East Point, Georgia.
View this documentary about East Point, Georgia from EPMSA: