Now that the holidays hubbub is winding down, ease into the new year with a few of these fun activities in January in Atlanta.
- The Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl is an exciting college football playoff between the Auburn Tigers and the UCF Knights in Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Jan. 1, 2018.
- The College Football Playoff National Championship kicks off Jan. 8 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium to culminate the 2017-18 bowl season.
- There are several ways to celebrate the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday in Atlanta (his hometown), including the Martin Luther King Human Rights Prayer Breakfast (Jan. 12, 2018), Martin Luther King Jr., March and Rally (Jan. 15, 2018), special programming at the Children’s Museum of Atlanta, free admission at the Atlanta History Center and the Margaret Mitchell House (Jan. 15, 2018), the MLK Day 5K Drum Run (Jan. 15, 2018), and the Martin Luther King Jr. Lecture and Conversation Series Program (Jan. 24, 2018).
- The Atlanta Boat Show brings hundreds of new boats, marine gear and accessories to the Georgia World Congress Center. Jan. 18 -- 21, 2018.
- The Atlanta Winter Wine Fest offers 50 wines to taste with live music, a DJ and food for sale at City Winery. Jan. 20, 2018.
- The Atlanta Cask Ale Festival invites you to sample 50 cask-conditioned ales from craft brewers in the United States and the United Kingdom. Jan. 20, 2018.
- The Callanwolde Arts Festival features the works of 86 fine artists, demonstrations, live acoustic music and gourmet food trucks at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center. Jan. 20 -- 21, 2018.
- The Atlanta Jewish Film Festival shows films from around the world that explore themes of Jewish life, culture and history. Jan. 24 -- Feb. 15, 2018.
- The Honda Battle of the Bands pits the eight best marching bands from Historically Black Colleges and Universities against each other in a showdown at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Jan. 27, 2018.
- The Atlanta Winter Beer Fest features samples of 150 beers, plus live music and games at Atlantic Station. Jan. 27, 2018.
- Beads & Booze is a Mardi Gras-themed bar crawl that includes beads, food and drink specials at multiple bars in Virginia Highland. Jan. 27, 2018.
Beth Clark is a writer and foodie who loves to roam around Atlanta, uncovering the city's quirky, glam, upscale and down-home character. Curiosity is her compass, and you'll find her writing on www.thecitydweller.me.