My dog, my fiancé and I all love pizza. The pup wolfs down pepperoni slices, my fiancé loves all the toppings and I crunch on steaming crispy crusts. We don't get pizza very often, but between Pi Day and St. Patrick's Day we've got the perfect excuse to munch away on our favorite food, and Atlanta has many pizza places for people and pups alike. It's just one of many pet-friendly things to do in Atlanta.
That said, while pizza is delicious, some human foods are dangerous for dogs, and some pups have sensitive stomachs. Please always be careful about what you give your pet.
- Jack's Pizza and Wings in the Old Fourth Ward is one of our favorite spots to eat. With an outdoor patio for you and your pup, Jack's has incredible baked tater tots, delectable wings, and – of course – great pizza. They'll bring a water bowl for the dog and great beers for you.
- Try Athens Pizza House for some delicious specialty selections, including pizzas like the Mediterranean with feta cheese, gyro, tomatoes and Kalamata black olives. Yum!
- Max's Coal Oven Pizzeria is in the heart of Downtown Atlanta. I don't know exactly what goes into the secret recipe red sauce they have on their pizza, but it is divine. When I went, I ate entirely too much pizza, and it was worth it. Enjoy a walk through Centennial Olympic Park before or after.
- Mellow Mushroom Downtown has a great outdoor patio where dogs and people are welcome. Whether you're ordering a personal pizza or one to share, they're always delicious.
- Caveat: While they aren't technically dog-friendly, Ammazza is one of the best in the Old Fourth Ward, and their pizza is perfect for vegetarians, vegans and those on lactose-free diets (people and pups). So if you're in the mood for something a bit more unusual, add them to the list for Pi Day and beyond.
For dessert, visit your local Bruster's for fresh and delicious ice cream. Bring your dog inside or eat at their outside tables. My favorite flavor is the chocolate raspberry truffle. My fiancé prefers the sea salt caramel with toffee. The pup is always happy to enjoy one of Bruster's free puppy sundaes – vanilla ice cream and a MilkBone.
Miranda is a digital marketing specialist for Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau.